Thank you for choosing to book with Millbrook Estate Management Limited (company no. 03654456) (“MEM”) . Please find below our terms and conditions of booking, if there are any points which you would like to discuss please give us a call on 01769 629069 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will be happy to help.
By booking with us, whether for accommodation or a wedding/event, you are agreeing and accepting our terms and conditions as set out below. Please note if you are booking a wedding with us terms and conditions of your wedding can be found here WEDDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Accommodation bookings are non-transferable by you and your booking is only valid for the guest names and numbers as given to us at the time of booking. We understand that on occasion things change and should you have a need to vary a guest in your booking (e.g. due to ill health) please contact us as soon as possible and in advance of arrival and we will assist where reasonably possible.
2. We reserve the right to cancel or transfer your booking (to another date or accommodation with us) in the event that circumstances arise that mean we cannot or are prevented from fulfilling your booking. We will inform you as soon as possible if this arises and in the event of a cancellation by us we will refund you all monies paid to us. In no circumstances will we be liable to you for any additional sum exceeding the payments we have received from you at the date of cancellation.
3. All bookings (accommodation and weddings/events) are entitled to a cooling off period of 7 days from the date of placing your booking (“cooling off period) unless your arrival date falls within the cooling off period, in which event no cooling off period is provided. During the cooling off period you may cancel your booking for any reason without financial obligation. Should you decide during the cooling off period that you do not wish to keep your booking with us please notify us as soon as possible and provided we receive written confirmation from you of your request to cancel your booking within the cooling off period we will refund your deposit to you in full.
4. Payment of a deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit amount required will be confirmed at the time of your booking. All deposit payments are non-refundable after the 7 days cooling off period we provide from the date of placing your booking (as above). . Our prices may vary from time to time, the price on your booking confirmation is binding.
5. The balance payment of your booking is to be paid to us in full no later than 8 weeks (56 days) before your arrival date (“due date”). Should your booking be for an arrival date within the next 8 weeks full payment will be required at the time of booking. Failure to pay the balance outstanding on your booking on the due date will result in your booking being automatically cancelled and your deposit will be retained by us, at that point we reserve full rights to re-let the accommodation. It is your responsibility to remember to pay the balance on or before the due date, we do not send out reminders.
6.You may change the date(s) of your booking and/or the accommodation type booked (subject always to our availability) at any time up to 90 days prior to arrival. Any change to a booking will incur an administrative fee of £50 and an additional non-refundable deposit will be payable to secure the new booking (at such value as applicable to the new booking). The non-refundable deposit paid by you for your original booking will be applied as a credit towards the final balance outstanding on your new booking and remains non-refundable. Changes cannot be made to dates and/or accommodation type within 90 days of the arrival date, please see our cancellation terms below.
7. You may cancel your booking at any time however please do bear in mind that all cancellations (after our 7 day cooling off period) will incur a cancellation fee to you and we strongly recommend that you have appropriate insurance in place to cover for cancellation. Our cancellation charges vary depending on when your cancellation is made and have been carefully considered to be reasonable and reflective of the losses and costs incurred by us in the event of you cancelling your booking:
7.1 If you cancel your booking (in writing) more than 8 weeks before your arrival date no further payment will be required from you but we will not refund your deposit in any circumstances. This also applies to bookings where the balance payment has not been paid on the due date, where the booking will then be automatically cancelled and no deposit will be refunded.
7.2 If you need to cancel your booking less than 8 weeks before your arrival date (including non-arrivals) please let us know as soon as possible and in writing. All monies paid by you (including deposit and balance payment) will be fully retained by us and no refunds will be made.
8. Should you have need to make any complaint please notify us immediately to give us the opportunity to rectify the situation. We reserve the right not to respond to or deal with any complaint that is not notified to us during the period of your time with us.
9. Any damage or breakage to your accommodation or items, facilities and amenities made available to you must be notified and paid for immediately and prior to your departure. We will not normally charge for accidental damage of a minor nature, but it should still be notified to us in order that we can repair or replace the damaged objects.
10. The accommodation and facilities are no smoking areas (including e-cigarettes).
11. Please familiarise yourself and your guests with your accommodation and the facilities, including the guidance for safe usage for the Hot Tub. Use of our facilities is at your own risk. MEM accepts no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage experienced by any guest, visitor, vehicle or their belongings, however caused. It should be noted that all facilities and amenities are unsupervised and it is your responsibility (and the persons included in your booking) to ensure that children are adequately supervised and to ensure that safety regulations are complied with.
12. In order to safeguard the comfort and security of our guests staying at Rose Cottage, please do not exceed the maximum number of guests for your accommodation at any time. This includes group gatherings in your accommodation.
13. Please leave the accommodation clean and tidy on departure. Please check out of your accommodation by 10am, our housekeepers will be ready and waiting to prepare the accommodation for our next guests.
14. Please note that we are an environmentally aware holiday destination and we require all of our guests to abide by our recycling policy. Our rubbish will not be collected unless it is sorted, please ensure your rubbish is correctly sorted. If we have to undertake this task ourselves we reserve the right to charge you £25 for the task of going through your rubbish. Recycling and composting bins are clearly marked and the recycling policy is provided in each accommodation.
15. Please be mindful of other guests staying on site at all times and respect their peace and tranquillity. MEM has a zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour and any illegal substances.
16. In the interest of security, only guests staying in the accommodation whose names have been provided on your booking are permitted on the grounds at Millbrook Estate and in our accommodations. Millbrook Estate and our facilities are for the use of guests staying on site only, visitors are not permitted. This includes any wedding guests, suppliers or friends/family. In order to protect the security of guest staying on site, our team will regularly make contact with guests. We reserve the right to require any person or vehicle not included in your booking to leave immediately.
17. Please refer to your check-in and check-out times as detailed in your booking summary. If it is not possible to arrive on your arrival day, please notify us in advance. If you do not arrive on your arrival date and have not notified us of the date and time of your alternative arrival in advance we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and may take steps to re-let the accommodation. No refunds are payable for non-arrivals.
18. Rose Cottage is not dog friendly. We have other accommodation at Millbrook that is dog friendly - please contact us for more information.
19. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available at Rose Cottage. This Wi-FI service is provided by a third party company its speed of service and availability will be subject to its use and you are requested to use it in an appropriate way. By connecting to our wireless network, you are agreeing to abide by our fair usage policy. This includes users being prohibited from using our wireless network for any of the following: illegal / criminal activity, security violations, threats, offensive material or spam. We also ask that users do not undertake large amounts of streaming or downloading (over 1GB per day). If you or anyone in your booking breaks the terms of this policy we will disconnect you from the Wi-FI network with no warning. If you have any questions please ask.
20. We offer a range of additional services and facilities that can be added to your booking (“Extras”). Subject to availability, Extras may be added to your booking at any time. Full payment is required at the time of booking any Extras. Extras to your booking (e.g. romantic packages, dogs, BBQ house) can be removed at any time up until 8 weeks before your arrival date, after this date we are not able to accept cancellations and no refunds will be made. All bookings for private dining are non-refundable once confirmed by us.
21. VAT is charged at the current rate of 20%, if the VAT rate changes prices for new bookings and any unpaid monies will change accordingly and any additional VAT chargeable on your booking will be payable by you.
22. MEM shall not be responsible to any person for any losses, damages or costs arising from any failure by it to fulfil (in full or part) any booking (accommodation and wedding/event) in the event of MEM being prevented from doing so as a result of “Force Majeure” or any other event, cause or circumstance beyond its reasonable control. This includes but is not limited to industrial disputes, relevant and applicable orders or regulations issued by Government, riots, adverse weather or fire epidemics.
23. Rose Cottage does not have a designated car park space, although there is space outside the gate. cars are left at the owner’s risk (including contents). MEM will not be responsible for any damage to vehicles (or contents) whilst on the Millbrook Estate. Vehicles are not permitted at MEM overnight unless by prior arrangement or for guests staying at Millbrook Estate.
24. MEM will not be responsible for any loss of guests’ personal property. We have a 7-day lost and found policy. It is the guests responsibility to check for all personal belongings before departure from the Millbrook Estate. Any items found after guests have departed can to be sent to the guest at their expense.
25. A £200 refundable damage deposit is required before arrival at the cottage. This is a preauthorisation on your credit or debit card to guarantee us this amount if required, you will need to call us with these details. Charges including wine, alcohol, telephone calls and any damages will be taken from this.